* The Ultimate Vent fits 6”,5”, 4” fresh air intake duct, or can be flush mounted to the wall by removing the cap.
Step A: Preparation for Vinyl Siding
Trim Kit is pre-cut to length. Cut trim as shown below:
- Bend tab down (refer to drawing)
- Move right tab up on top trim for installation
- Do not leave any tabs Right & Left side
- Do not leave tabs on top corners (refer to drawing)
Step B: Assembly
- To assemble, place bottom trim (no 4) in first.
- Then place inter-locking sides (no 2 & 3) into the bottom (no 4).
- Place trim (no 1) in the inter-locking top left corner.
- Raise the right side to the top and bring the tab down to lock into place.
Step C: Installation
- Cut on dotted lines to arrows.
- Outline the existing trim with a pencil as a guide of where to cut.
- Remove trim then remove metal caps.
- Place 1st vent on 6″ hole. Place 2nd beside it for fitting.
- If more space is required, remove it from the 2nd vent side.
- Add new trim and vacuum fresh air intakes.
- Caulk around inside of new trim and back of vent, then screw into place.
To Install on Stucco
- Cut cap off where stucco meets cap.
- Remove screen & vacuum pipe. Then flatten stucco where new vent mounts.
- Pre-drill holes through vent & stucco.
- Put caulking on back of vent then screw on to the wall & put a bead of caulking around the outside.